Everything About Urine Drug Test.
No matter how young or old you are, drugs are used by everyone nowadays just as candies. However, using drugs in an excessive amount leads to severe physiological and psychological issues. Billions of people are under the influence of harmful drugs. Not only do these drugs affect one’s mental and physical illness but also break the relationships, family, etc.
This is the reason why the government and higher officials conduct urine drug tests. Urine drug test examines the several drugs in the body. However, it takes a day to a month to know the results depending on several factors.
A drug test is conducted to check the drug intake by the individuals. This drug test examines various drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines, PCP, opioids, benzos, marijuana, etc.
Want to know more about the urine drug test? If yes, then dive deeper into the article.
A few Drug Test Facts
Drugs have become so popular that people are buying just candies from the shop. Even 12 years old children are addicted to these harmful drugs. Here are a few facts about drug addicts and abuse.
- Almost all companies use urine drug tests for testing the employees.
- The administrator uses several samples for testing such as hair, nails, blood, saliva, and urine. However, out of these, urine is the most accessible and easier to analyze.
- It is seen that over 120,000 Americans are admitted to hospitals due to overdosage of painkillers.
- Drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamines, amphetamines, Cylert, Ritalin, Adderall, ecstasy, etc increase the energy and stimulate the nervous systems instantly.
- Most people in the U.S. die because of tobacco and drugs.
- Marijuana has much dosage than it was in 10 years before.
- Marijuana is the most popular and commonly consumed drug after alcohol.
So, these are the few drug facts and statistics. Today most of the companies conduct drug tests for employers. Want to know more about it? If yes, then here it is.
Reasons For Drug Testings
Why Companies Conduct Drug Test
There are several reasons for urine drug tests. The persons who are taking alcohol and drugs might cause harm to others directly or indirectly. If drug addict persons are placed in any company, they could lose their focus and suffer from severe mental illness conditions.
This affects the company’s standards and goals. Similarly, if traffic police or any other higher officials indulge in drugs or alcohol, then eventually distract from their responsibilities. This eventually leads to job accidents and illegal activities.
So, companies need to conduct a drug test. There are several urine drug tests such as a 5-panel urine drug test, a 10-panel urine drug test, a seven-panel urine drug test, a multiple-panel urine drug test, etc.
Out of several kinds of drug tests, 5-panel and 10-panel urine drug tests are the most common. Want to know more about them? If yes, then here it is.
This is one of the most common drug tests. This helps to examine several drugs such as amphetamines, opiates, marijuana, cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc.
Though drugs relieve the person from mental and physical stress, they are illegal to consume. Because, if these are taken in excess, it leads to mental and physical illnesses.
Positive indicates that the person has drug samples in his urine and takes drugs. Negative indicates no drug intake by the person.
Similarly, inconclusive results mean that the lab test has failed to know the intake of drugs. And the person has to retake the drug test to confirm drug intake.
Like a 5-panel urine drug test, it is also used to test the drugs. But the 10-panel urine drug test examines more drugs than the 5-panel drug test.
The several drugs tested by the test are Marijuana, Hashish, THC oil, Cocaine, Freebase, Crack Cocaine, Smoked opium, Heroin, Morphine, Codeine, amphetamines, morphine, valium, Xanax, etc.
The results of the test as mentioned earlier are either positive, negative, or inconclusive.
Urine Drug Test Procedure
The drug administration collects the urine samples from the victims in the collection cup. And tests for the drugs. The complete process to test for the drugs includes the following things.
- The person who is taking the test receives the small urine collecting cup from the head.
- You should leave all your belongings such as a purse, mobiles, suitcase, etc. Moreover, you should not take anything in your pockets.
- Usually, these tests are held in bathrooms. The same gendered nurse or instructor will guide you to the complete procedure.
- Clean your genital parts with a neat cloth provided by the nurse.
- Then, urinate into the collection cup. After that, bring it to the technician or administrator.
- That’s it. Finally, the administrator will check the temperature and analyze the samples.
After collecting the urine samples, it takes from one day to one month to know the results based on the various aspects. Detection time depends upon several factors such as the nature of the drug, the quantity taken by the user, metabolism, etc.
Here are the various detection times for different drugs.
- The detection of marijuana takes 3 days to over 30 days based on the usage of the drug. If the person has taken only one time, then it takes 3 days to detect the drug in the urine samples. Similarly, if the person is taking daily then it takes over 30 days to detect the drug.
- The detection timings for cocaine and amphetamines are two days.
- The detection time for barbiturates is one day to three weeks.
These are the few detection timings of the various drugs. And also, sometimes the detection time varies from person to person. So, there would be no accurate detection timings for various drugs in the body.
This is all about the urine drug test facts. Today most people are taking drugs to escape from physiological and psychological stress. However, many people don’t even know that they are addicted to drugs.